Books and Book Chapters, Peer-reviewed Journal articles and Conference papers
- Ssanyu, Jackline and Hemerik, Kees (2011). Component-based Development of Software Language Engineering Tools. International Journal of Computing and ICT Research, Special Issue Vol. 5, pp 7-16. http://ijcir.org/specialissue2011/article2.pdf
- Joseph Migga Kizza and Jackline Ssanyu (2005). “Workplace Surveillance”. In Electronic Monitoring in the Workplace: Controversies and Solutions by John Weckert. Idea Group Inc. Publishers, Hershey,
Theses/Dissertations, Unpublished Papers & Reports
- Ssanyu, Jackline, Hemerik, Kees (2010). Algorithms for recursive descent parsing of ECFGs. Computer Science Tech. Report (TUE/CS/_102), Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, The Netherlands. 2010
- Ssanyu, Jackline (2001). Developing an inventory management system of Food processing and distribution company using Microsoft Visual Basic and Oracle. Unpublished MSc. Dissertation, Department of Computer science, University of Pune,
- Ssanyu, Jackline (1999). Developing a Railway reservation database system for Indian railways. Unpublished project report, Department of Computer Science, University of Pune, India.
My core research interest is in the application of component-based software development principles to the design and implementation of generative programming language engineering systems. I am also interested in the following research areas:
- Computer science education, particularly innovative methods and tools to support teaching and learning process
- Model-driven engineering
- Social computing
- Cloud computing
Participated in the implementation of the first Results processing system (a module of the Academic Registrars Management Information System (ARMIS) of Makerere University). My main duties included: database design, coding and testing, ICT Consults Ltd – 2002
Participated in the design of a database for the Human Resource Management System (HRMS) of Uganda Electro Commission, ICT Consults Ltd.
Participated in the training of various user groups (such as district educational officers, UPDF, secondary school teachers, women’s groups etc.) how to integrate ICT in their environments for development, ICT Consults Ltd – 2003